Thursday, September 4, 2008

Masquerade

All this mask making has put masquerade on the mind so I made this treasury yesterday. I resisted every urge to include one of my masks. I did not, however, resist the urge to plug them in the comments of the treasury. I never even realized how many amazing mask makers there were on etsy until I made my own.

I did stop mask making to create a few new small things, including this bejeweled bracelet. It's part of my ever increasing bridal line. Which is just a fancy way of saying I'm making a bunch of stuff in white with crystals and pearls. I know it's entirely the wrong time of year for this endeavor, but it's a nice change of pace from the time and energy consuming masks.

I do still have a couple more masks to get made before I sit down and write out the patterns. I keep having the silly thought that one day a real publisher will want me to put out a book of patterns.I am of course not holding my breath for this to occur, but I figure better to be prepared right. Of course I need the patterns written anyway, I'm not exactly a savant when it comes to remembering even my own patterns and if I were to lose the prototype pieces, I'd be crap out of luck.

7 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

I LOVE that treasury.

My favorite masquerade scene ever is from the movei labrynth. I love it!

Waterrose said...

I don't think that you have to wait for a publisher to come to you...just gather your patterns and start approaching likely publishers....you go girl!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Okay, I think I finally get this treasury thing. I can make one myself huh??? Well, I'm gonna try it. Are sellers notified if they make ur treasury? So many questions, so little time...

Bluesaphire said...

what a gorgeous mask treasury i didnt realise there was so many beautiful mask makers on etsy whoot! beautiful work thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hit your blog via blogup. Your masks are very cool.

Anitra Cameron said...

What a wonderful treasury! thank you so much for putting it together!

Unknown said...

Great mask treasury. I think your tatting patterns will make a lovely book. I'll be first in line to get one! :)