Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Needle Tatting Split Rings & Josephine Chains

I totally get a pass on today's blog. Why, you ask? Because I did a tutorial video yesterday and I get to post that for you. This one is on split rings and Josephine chains and is already linked over in the pattern list in the right column. I got the filigree pieces in to remake the Copper Princess necklace and used the the chain portion of that to film. Also, I talk in this one and according to early feedback this is a good thing. In fact, I may redo my other video with the talking as well since I apparently do not sound like an idiot...unless they're all lying to me and I do sound like an idiot.


The video is also posted at Instructables if you'd like to go rate it there. I may also go ahead and do a series of these though they do already exist by other folks. I suppose sometimes having a choice of who to learn from is a good thing.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

shannon_in_love said...

see yeah i am also doing tatting videos for both needle and shuttle, just for the sole reason that people learn differently. what might work for one doesn't for another. awesome video

Jane S. said...

Well done! I especially like the helpful hint about taking the thread around the needle to get the twist in the Josephine chain. I'd never seen that before. It makes a lot of sense.

Tatfully Yours said...

I too love the hint about taking the thread around the needle. When I have tried Josephine Chains I try to control them to stay put and you cann`t do that. Great, great hint. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Krystle said...

Great job! You are interesting to listen to :-) THank you for not being all sad and boring sounding.

P.s, I understand the correct pronunciation of Picot to be
"Peek-Oh" with a silent T. I only know this because of a discussion I had with my mother when she was learning and I had to go look it up because I wasn't sure at the time.

keep up the good work!

TotusMel said...

Oh, proper pronunciation be damned...I'm calling it a picot with the hardest 'T' possible. This is of course what happens when you learn from a book.

The Beading Gem said...

This is awesome! The best tute for the split chain I have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

This is really cool, but... is tatting as hard as it looks? I'm considering taking it up.