Friday, September 2, 2011

Another Tatted Scarf

Well, I may not have accomplished anything new and interesting yesterday, but at least I have pictures of the newest scarf to show you. I think I already mentioned that this one is just a simple, completely unaltered vintage edging. Well unaltered except for the use of yarn to create it I suppose. When I posted the pattern for one of my other tatted scarves, I think I pointed out that any symmetric edging makes a good scarf and if it's not symmetric, just double it upon itself and there you have it. This one worked up nice and quick, it took a couple of days. Well, that's quick given the sheer amount of length it needed. In fact if you were so inclined, working this one up with an even larger yarn would be really nice and fast.

I can't remember right now which book I snagged the pattern from and I'm far too lazy to get up and dig through them right now to see, but the pattern is just rings of 3-3-3-3 that join at the center and chains of 6-6. After the fourth ring you turn and do the opposite ring before beginning the next chain which joins to the opposite chain from the last cluster. See, easy and fast....you know you wanna make a scarf.

Other than that, yesterday was a mighty failure. I tried to replicate some of the inspiring designs I've recently come across, but nothing clicked. I tried three different designs and none of them wanted to emerge. I know it's too soon to completely give up on the ideas, but I suppose I was just lacking the proper amount of muse yesterday. I don't have much faith in things changing today either. I'm feeling a bit directionless right now. I mean, I want to focus, but it's just not happening. I know it has a lot to do with the recent lack of sales. It's hard to even get in production mode when those numbers are hardly moving. It's like pouring more lemonade into the pitcher when no one is buying any...it just overflows and spills all over the table and make a big mess. No wants to have to clean that up. It might be time to make a list of what I want to get made so I can force myself to focus regardless of outside stimuli. Yeah, we'll see how that goes...or maybe I just need a long weekend.

1 comment:

Dreamfyre said...

Wow this looks great. I really like the color you chose as well.