Friday, February 24, 2012

Uhhh

I almost didn't write today because I have that little to share. You knew I couldn't just not write though, so I'll ramble on for a bit making it up as I go. The cold I've been rocking finally took away my ability to think very clearly, you know the dreaded brain fog. Of course regardless I had schooling to do, a custom order to finish as well as blogs to schedule. No rest for the wicked and all that, but between brief bouts of productivity all I did was play games on my iphone. Well that and take care of various cold related issues.

What I did manage to complete was one of my custom orders and I started to work getting the chains ready for the custom color version of the back drop necklace that was ordered. I have to wait on some of the tatting for it until I get my supply order in, which I'm a bit worried about since I haven't even gotten a ship confirmation yet. I can't control their shipping department, but I can get everything ready for when it arrives so I can whip it all together quickly and efficiently for my customer.

One last bit of information before I leave you this morning. I got just the tiniest bit of information regarding my fashion magazine shoot. I was contacted by their fact check department to confirm on page credit information. Sounds all official huh? Anyway, I was told that this shoot will appear in the their May issue. So, I guess we've got quite some time before it sees the light of day. If I remember correctly from my retail days, magazine typically get released just a couple of weeks before the issue month, so the middle of April will be the big reveal I guess. Though I do feel like I need to burst one bubble now...it's not Vogue. Though I will now admit to having sent pieces to Russian Vogue in the past, though they were not used there...that I'm aware of and it was a horrible experience with my contact person disappearing off the face of the internet and only getting my pieces back months later. So much drama.

Well, I think I've babbled enough. I'm off to hope I feel better today.