Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yesterday played just as planned. I tatted consistently and swiftly nearly finishing one of the custom orders by the time my supply order arrived.  Once that was here I switched gears to finished the back drop necklace that had simply been waiting for a purple crystal. I was tatting so quickly yesterday that my shoulder started to give me a bit of grief. I took that as a cue to slow down a tad, but I couldn't stop, there are things that must be made, I'm on a clock.

I did get the back drop necklace finished and as I was packing it up with the other pieces from the order, I realized that given the distance this has to travel before it reaches its owner, it would be wise to snap a few pictures, send them to the customer and confirm that everything is good before I send it away. Honestly I have yet to have a customer get something and say it was nothing like what they wanted, but I'm a firm believer in 'there's a first time for everything'. So to that end, I'm waiting on confirmation before I ship. The other custom order is just about finished, days ahead of schedule and then it's time to start remaking the sold  pieces from that and the bulk order that will also be shipped soon. I feel a famine coming on just as soon as all this is done, the shop will turn into a ghost town. I'm not sure if that's a prediction or a wish at this point.

That's really it for me as nothing much has changed from yesterday save for what I've already shared. At least you got pictures today because I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a little light on substance and photos.

2 comments:

God's Kid said...

Great necklaces!! I love the intricate design of the black!! :)

Unknown said...

What can I say but you do beautiful work! Lovely necklace you have created.