Monday, March 5, 2012

10,000

This is the start of what promises to be an utterly exhausting week. No, I didn't get some amazing order over the weekend. It is going to be exhausting because the husband is off to a conference for most of the week. He left yesterday morning. This leaves me alone with the kids which you might think isn't all that different from normal being that I'm a stay at home mom, but you'd be wrong. Those few hours at the end and beginning of the day provide necessary support and occasional relief. So as I said...it's going to be an exhausting week.

I was going to start today with a blog giveaway, but honestly I just wasn't prepared to set it up for today, see the first paragraph. Why was I going to a giveaway in the first place? Well, here it is, the numbers I'd been waiting for. 10,000 admirers for the shop. It happened on Friday afternoon, but I thought it would be wise to sit on a celebration for at least a few days as these numbers fluctuate a lot. I try not to watch them too much really, but this was a particularly big one so it deserved a little attention. Of course now that I'm thinking about it, my store anniversary and blog anniversaries are just around the corner too. Maybe it would be wise just to save all the hoopla for then. You know wrap it all into one nice self congratulatory event to save you all from hearing me pat myself on the back too often. I guess I'll think on it. Any opinions on the subject would be greatly appreciated too.

That list of things that need remaking is not getting any shorter. Well, I suppose that it is, but it sure doesn't feel like it. I also made one new Scrolling necklace, but haven't gotten pictures to list it at all. I went with forest green and copper seed beads this time. I also did get one smaller custom order over the weekend. It's actually the first sale of my tatted tiara. It gets lots of views, but no sales until now. The one I'm making is white with pink...it's for a wedding. That should be finished and off today. That's about it for me. I'll be trying to keep my sanity intact while I work on getting photos for that necklace and getting more things tatted to relist. Here's some kitties to calm us all before the week really begins.

2 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

Oh! The kitties! I luff them.

Congrats on 10,000 - that's some hard work on your part to get that many admirers. And you do great work!

Les petits bonheurs said...

Hello.
I'm French and I have been looking at your blog for a little time now. It's fun and interesting. I began needle tatting with your videos and it's great !!! (My soon-to-be-16 daughter, who likes gothic things is so happy, particularly with the 'love slave bracelet'). Thank you so much for sharing this passion. I just began to write a blog with my sister and my very first post was about you. Thanks again and "bon courage" for your week !
Louise