Wednesday, March 7, 2012

That's Done

It was quite the windy day around here yesterday which kept us inside most of it. I should point out though that for the most part the children were good and my sanity was not threatened...much. As the sun kept coming and going in the morning I tried to get photos of the newest scrolling necklace. I thought I was good until I finished, edited the photos and the sun came back, brighter than ever like it was taunting my bad timing. Oh, well, I rarely, if ever retake photos because I am at my core, lazy. So that necklace is now listed.

Then I really attacked my remaking list, getting it down to those last couple of things that I simply decided to not remake at this time. My shop currently stands at just under 300 items and even though you know how much I adore round numbers, I really think there are just too many items in there. The problem is, I've been put in a 'list everything' mode by the copycats of years past. The worst one has been MIA for nearly a year, but I'm still in the habit of proving I designed something by making sure everything I ever made is still listed as proof. I know it's super silly, but I just can't completely shake the paranoia. That one could one back, or a new one...*sigh*. What I really need to do is create a portfolio page with all my designs and the approximate dates of creation somewhere else and run the shop like a normal person. Of course saying so, doesn't mean I'll get around to it.

Like I tried to say, I finished up the remaking list to my satisfaction. I even made another brown scrolling necklace that will need new photos today. I might just take the unmodeled ones though as the only difference between this piece and the previously listed one is the center bead. I used the same one as the green necklace except in brass. Then I guess it's time to figure out my next move. Make something new, tackle a house project or ignore everything, sit on my hands and wait for a new order to come in and occupy my time. Decisions, decisions, decisions...at least the husband comes home this evening and things can get back to normal.

8 comments:

Corina said...

Very pretty tatting!

Tatfully Yours said...

Love the colour of your new piece!!!

Kelly

Unknown said...

It turned out very lovely. Well done.

Tainted Fibers said...

All your work is just beautiful

emily said...

Doesn't your list of sold items offer pretty compelling proof that you've been working these designs for quite some time?

God's Kid said...

The colors in that necklace go so fabulously together!!! :)

TotusMel said...

Thanks all!
@emily Yes, I guess that's a pretty good list, but somehow I feel like I've abandoned a design if I don't relist it after it's sold. I am aware of how silly that is.

Les petits bonheurs said...

Gorgeous. So unique and, at the same time, so much "you". Congratulations !

Louise

http://les-petits-bonheurs.blogspot.com.es/2012/02/silent-force-et-frivolite.html