Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's Something At Least

Just as I suspected yesterday contained a complete lack of anything worth noting. I'm about to give up on my blog pleas to the Universe. Yes, I will probably keep doing those anyway, but I'm getting seriously bored. Working on getting the shop stocked by remaking things is all fine and good, it's just not mentally stimulating. In fact I think I'm beginning to miss the daily schooling of the child. Sure it was a lot of time out of my day, but even if I didn't get anything else done, at least I learned something. Occasionally I was relearning of course, but it was interesting and my brain was on. I think that my brain is running on empty at this point so I'm making a note to actively seek out something new to learn every day and breaking news on twitter won't count.

I did do one bit of tatting yesterday. I randomly picked up a pattern book and chose a design to make up. This one is from one of those Italian magazines and it's just the base motif that makes up a table cloth. I've already mucked with the design a tiny bit, but today I'm going to change it a bit more and possibly embellish it for a new piece for the shop. I figure doing some simple adapting might just give me some brain exercise and something new to list without taking me away from the stocking task on hand.

So I guess that's the whole of the plan for today. Play with this design and then get back to work on getting stock made. Well that and just hoping things begin to pick up sometime soon. This feast or famine cycle I've been dealing with is very frustrating. I could cope better if the feasts were bigger, but they've been more like small snacks. I will soldier on though because that's what I do.

7 comments:

Vicky said...

I love this motif! So pretty! Did you finish the piece with bells? I'm part raccoon, and therefore love shiny, jingly things! Can't wait to see what the bell project turned into! :)

TotusMel said...

Thanks Vicky. This is the bell piece: Salame's Adornment Tatted Anklet

God's Kid said...

Great design!! :)

Marilee Rockley said...

I like it!

Kohlea said...

Lovely design :), as always.

I've been tatting with shuttles and was wondering, have you ever tried those? The final products seem pretty much the same, but is needle tatting faster or easier?

I suppose adding beads would be easier with a needle, at least.

jenilin said...

Ok your bored here's my thought do something more on teaching the business side of your stuff. Lots of us have learned to needle tat with you but you have more to offer you have been successful at marketing making a name getting stuff published and making pieces that sell at hundreds as well as in the twenties. A trade piece would be awesome too you know trade a tatted piece for other art pieces of course if its a dumb idea I claim extreme tiredness and disregard what I said!!!!!

TotusMel said...

Thanks All!
@Kohlea I have tried shuttles, but not in a long time, I just didn't take to it fast enough for my liking. Most people agree that needle tatting is quicker to learn, but after learning the speed of either method is determined by the tatter.