Monday, November 11, 2013

Listed

Hello Monday. I'm afraid to tell you that I have been, yet again, pretty damn lazy. You see it occurs to me that I have three modes when the shop is slow/dead. The first is using the time wisely to create new things or stock up. This mode usually occurs when I expect the slowness like the beginning of the year. Then there is the one you're probably most familiar with, constant whining in some illogical attempt to change things. This mode also has me working a lot, just with that annoying commentary. This past week I experienced the third mode, indifference. Like the others I start out trying, but after 4 or 5 days, I slip into complete laziness convinced that nothing I can do will change things. This mode seems to occur when I am sure that the shop should be busy based on historical trends, but it's just not. Of course just because I know what I'm doing and why, doesn't mean I have much control over it. I just sit there and play games on my phone until some housework calls me.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/168731403/tatted-lace-necklace-the-twisted-ripple?ref=shop_home_active
All that was a segue to me telling you about actually, finally getting the new necklace design listed late yesterday afternoon. Yes, when I said I'd get it done of Friday. After utterly failing to get an overwhelming opinion on the chain type, I listed it with both options. The tatted chain had a slight advantage in the polls, so I made that one the face of the listing, but there were so many people that preferred the silver chain that I figured it didn't hurt to make it an option.

Other than getting that done, we went to see the new Thor movie and wondered at why, after so many Marvel films, the audience would leave before the end of the credits. There was also a birthday dinner for my brother-in-law and my niece at which I ate something that did not agree with me. Then of course the rest of the time was filled in with lazy. Late yesterday I finally got some small sales, so I will try to get back into work mode today. The kids are off school and the husband is home from work, but if I don't shift gears soon, I fear the lazy will win. We would definitely not want that to happen.

2 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Very nice came out great in black!

God's Kid said...

Great necklaces!!! :)