Friday, December 20, 2013

Free Motif Pattern

I was trying to fight my slow shop induced boredom and/or depression when I decided to work on the motif I used for some recent gifts. After some fiddling around I thought I'd turn them into a small gift for all of you. So without further ado, your free tatting pattern gift.

Four Or Five Motif


Abbreviations:
ds - double stitch
p - picot
rw - reverse work
sp - small picot

Four Point version in two rounds

Center: 4 rings

Ring: *3ds 1p 6ds 1p 6ds 1p 3ds close, do not rw
Repeat from * 3 times joining at first and last picots, cut and tie


Outer Round:

Ring: 6ds join to joining picot of center round 6ds 1sp 6ds 1p 6ds close rw

Chain: 2ds 1p 2ds join to top picot of center round ring 2ds 1p 2ds close do not rw

Split Ring: 6ds join to joining picot of center round 6ds / 6ds 1p 6ds close do not rw

Repeat chain and split rings around joining last chain to picot of first ring.


Five Point Version in two rounds

Center: 5 rings

All stitch counts are the same with just an extra ring.

Outer Round:

All stitch counts are the same with one extra repeat.

Notes: The five ring version will need to be either pressed or blocked to lay flat. I used size 10 thread and a size 5 needle for mine.

Both version can also be worked in one round by using a split ring of 3ds 1p 6ds / 3ds 1p 6ds as the last ring in the center round and starting the next round with a chain and working all rings in that round as split rings.

Like all my free patterns, I'd appreciate it if you would please use it for personal use, gift giving or off line sale only. I do hope that you like the gift and yes, I will try to let a few more of my patterns out into the world in the new year. Also, I just saw that this is my 1500th blog post. Yikes that's a lot of posts... thanks for reading them.

14 comments:

tatterjil said...

Yay! I love the pentagon pattern especially. Thank you!

And congratulations on 1500!

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

Thanks for the pattern, looking forward to some down time next week and time to catch up on tatting!! I read you posts every day!

Ms Jamie said...

Happy holly tone of blog posts. I have enjoyed your candid approach over the years I have been following.

Madtatter80 said...

Oh thank you I shuttle tat and Have yet to look closely at directions but think I can do this. I love the way you style you tatting and fill it in, I can't wait to try, you are a sweety thank you again and Merry Christmas!

rsmre said...

Thank you for this wonderful gift. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

rsmre said...

Thank you for this wonderful gift. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Sharon D. said...

Thanks for the pattern. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Sharon D. said...

Thanks for the pattern. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Karen said...

Thank you for the pattern. I read your blog and am amazed at your skill and ability to come up with new designs continually. May you have a blessed Christmas. Karen in OR

Karen said...

P.S. 1500 Posts!! Congratulations and may you continue onward! Karen

SWtrompeter said...

Thank you *so* much for the pattern. My favorite is the square motif, but the 5-sided version is pretty, too. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year (and fantastic sales next year).

God's Kid said...

I love your designs, so thank you so much for sharing!!! :)

Suzasstuff said...

Thank you

Beth said...

Thanks for these wonderful motifs! Your pentagram might inspire a tatted soccer ball :-)