Thursday, March 20, 2014

New Thread

I spent the morning on remaking a couple of sold pieces. I was feeling pretty good about the amount of work I was getting done. Of course that was all up until I finished the choker I was working on and realized that the next one on my list was a really big piece. That's when the stalling began. I guess it was really only a couple of hours and I am allowed to take a break, but I still felt a bit guilty over it. So I decided to play with the ball of Lizbeth Twirlz thread I bought when I had to make an order last.

The color is called Midnight Mist and it is size 20, which I don't prefer working in, but I was curious. It seems a much softer thread than their usual solid colors and I noted that the end unraveled a bit more than usual as well. The softness made it easier for me to work with the smaller thread, but it was still high quality. I guess it's all just my own opinion, but I do hope that they do the Twirlz in size 10 sometime and then I'm likely to get more because it does leave behind an interesting mottled design.

Then as I was deciding to buckle under again, I got an order and an email for a custom piece all in the space of a few minutes. So everything else was put down and I got back to work on things that have homes. I still have the custom piece to finish today and if I'm not feeling too lazy, I should get the bracelet in the new thread listed. I'm not sure what else to do with the thread. I mostly use size 20 for earrings, so I might do that as well. I guess we'll just have to see how the day goes.

No comments: