Friday, April 25, 2014

As Expected

Yesterday went pretty much as expected. Schooling was long and reading time extended. After lunch I finished up the crochet project I had started out of boredom. Not because I was actually done with it, but because I was running out of yarn. So instead of a full sized shawl, the youngest daughter has a child sized one. I know she's pretty happy about that.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/56872720/tatted-choker-necklace-grand-victorian?Once that was done, and it was done quickly, I was finally tatting again. I remade the necklace I had just sold and it happily took me most of the day. Of course that means I really have little more to share. I tatted, you've seen the finished piece before, but since text posts are boring, here's an old picture of it. These daisy based pieces were some of the first big ones I designed, so it's always very comforting to go back to them.

I thought I was going to start off today with no new tasks, but I woke up to a sale overnight. It's a smaller necklace, so I should have it remade quickly. That's okay though, I'm just happy to have something in queue. If I hadn't, I was very likely to go stash diving for more yarn to waste away. Or worse, yarn shopping to make something new. I really ought not yarn shop, it gets far too pricey to make anything interesting. So here's to the weekend bringing me projects and sales or at the very least some good ideas.

2 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

that flower is beautiful and your work is always done so nice!

Carolyn said...

I really love this necklace-it's so very elegant! I, too, need to use up my yarn stash before buying anymore yarn. It's so terribly tempting. Thank goodness there are not really any good yarn stores where I am ore even ones I could travel to close by! My husband is very happy about that!