Thursday, April 3, 2014

Two Colors

https://www.etsy.com/listing/184886757/tatted-lace-and-chain-bracelet-double?Yesterday was pretty good, tatting wise. The sun was out again and after running some errands I sat down to tat up the rest of the pendant orders. Once they were wrapped, I got right onto the bracelet ideas. I opted to do both the slight stitch count change and the two color version at the same time to see if everything was going to work. I really love the way it turned out. The shape is just right. It widens just enough to look like I meant to do it, but it's still thin enough at the ends that it's comfortable to wear and matched up with the chain right. I know it's comfortable, I wore the black one all day. In fact, that one is mine now. I so rarely claim any of my own work, but I really like the way it looks.

There was a lot of love for the two color version on the Facebook page, so I was actually motivated to get it listed straight away. I listed it as a custom so you can choose from one or two colors of the dozens I have on hand now. I also kept getting asked if the pattern for this one would be listed. The answer is no, at least not anytime soon. The double infinity pendant pattern is what it is based on and that's in the shop now, but it just takes me too much time and effort to make up patterns. I have to spread those out over long periods of time or I get really burnt out.

In other news, I got a message over on Instructables from the lovely Christy Canida that I had gotten a shout out in their video for Popular Mechanics. Her and her husband were on the list of 25 Makers Who Are Reinventing The American Dream. In the video you can see at the link, she used me as an example when discussing the reasons some people share their tutorials. The compliments were incredible humbling and I am so thankful to her and the entire Instructables team for always being so supportive of not only my work, but of makers in general. Which reminds me, I really ought to get something new up there soon.

So today is the youngest child's birthday, so there will be adventures and gallivanting about. In short, not much tatting, but I may manage some animal photos to share tomorrow. It promises to be a long, tiring, fun day. Off to it then.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter, it's my youngest birthday on the 3rd as well. Sorry I didn't post sooner but I have been very busy and missed reading a lot of my favorite blogs. Hope she had a wonderful magical day!