Monday, July 14, 2014

I'm Back

I'm back and thoroughly exhausted. Also, I'm hot and I really do miss the weather at the coast which is currently 30º cooler than it is here. There's no use dwelling on it though, we all love the places we got to vacation or it wouldn't be worth all the effort. All the packing, unpacking, and laundry, not to mention all crazy the kids throw at us once they're home and instantly bored.Yes, it is a joy, but it's worth it.

I didn't put my shop in vacation mode, but I might as well have. There were no sales in it the entire time we were gone. On one hand that's great because I didn't have to get straight to work upon returning, on the other hand I do like getting back to routine. Luckily while we spent a last lazy Sunday yesterday a couple of orders came in. One gave me something to remake yesterday and will be in the mail this morning. The other has a custom sized piece in it, so that is today's task. Custom sizing slave bracelets can be tricky business. They usually require small adjustments to stitch counts rather than the addition of repeats like a regular bracelet would. This means I'll likely stare at it for quite some time before I work out what needs to be done. That's probably a good thing too, my brain has been on vacation as well and a solid problem to solve should shake it back into service.

I've got no tatting to show you, there wasn't even any at the Antique mall, so I shall leave you will a few more pictures from our trip.
 

No comments: