Thursday, February 19, 2015

Couch Bound

After schooling yesterday, we were pretty much couch bound. The injury the oldest child managed to acquire via the asphalt the night before, was pretty angry at her. The best was to keep her from making it worse was to keep her on the couch as much as possible. She's generally very active, so it was a bit of a challenge. The one thing being on the couch all afternoon enabled was the watching of television shows backed up on the DVR.

The secondary effect was that while watching those show I had more time to tat. I looked through my sold out items on etsy and found a few that I could start with. I opted for the bigger of them and started work on one of my large collar necklaces. I'm nowhere near finished with this one. I figured it would be nice to have a multiple day spanning project. Of course right after I took this picture, I got up to run upstairs. In the process I managed to slam my forearm into the newel post at the bottom of the stairs. The result of that fine display of grace was that my whole arm from my elbow to my hand hurt for much of the rest of the day. Typing hurt bad enough, but there was no way I was tatting the rest of the day.

The arm feels much better this morning though it's definitely still a bit sore, so I guess I finish the collar necklace today. I will also try to not further injure myself, though I'm certain we are couch bond for most of the week and tat should help. Here's to an injury free rest of the week and how about some good luck from the Universe too.

No comments: