Friday, February 13, 2015

Still Tatting

Another day full of tatting. I know, I can hardly believe it myself. The oldest child finished the novel she was reading for school and I think just having the television on after that put me in the mood for lace making. Seriously, I just seem to concentrate on making better when there is passive entertainment around me. I got a pair of white barefoot sandals made up first. Actually these I made while the child was still reading, so I started yet another novel. She finished reading about the same time I finished making. I'm trying to stop and take pictures just to lively up these posts even though they don't look great unpressed.

Once the television was back on, I was remaking a bracelet that sold quite some time ago. The matching necklace sold as well, so I had to use my listing photos to remind me of the pattern. Unless I've made something dozens of times, I tend to forget the exact patterns. Luckily all I usually need to remember is those pictures. Anyway, this one took a couple of shows to finish and after that I was going to start on the necklace, but I got a custom order in the shop. You have no idea how happy I was to get one of those!

So today I have that custom order to work on and then it's back to the remaking. The husband has today off work, but the kids still have schooling so it might be a weird one. I'm still going to try and keep tatting all weekend though. I need to get back into the habit and hopefully this will encourage the Universe to send some more sales my way as well.

One final note for today. I was just reading Jane's blog this morning and was reminded of the anniversary of Gina's passing. I couldn't let the day pass by without mentioning something of the influence she had on me. Her encouraging comments and emails were so wonderful to me and I don't think I will ever forget those, so here's to the Tatting Goddess!

No comments: