Monday, March 30, 2015

Almost Busy

Well, let's see on Friday I did get up to some tatting. I searched through my sold items that I haven't yet remade for something that I should have gotten back into the shop. I found these barefoot sandals. The main structure is based on a classic single shuttle pattern, but since I generally hate thread spaces, I turned it into a woven chain design instead. I've used this same motif to make a neck corset as well, but for the barefoot sandals I just add some more rings a the top along with the other necessary bits for that kind of piece. Really I just remade them so I'd have something to tat and something to visually share.

The rest of the weekend I worked a tiny bit on the pattern for Wednesday. Don't forget I will have a new and inexpensive pendant up for sale for the holiday as well as the matching pattern and at least one more pattern besides. They will all still be for sale after Wednesday, but the special price will be for International Tatting Day only. I kind of got away from the weekend recap there, sorry, though it was mostly just family adventuring. This weekend was the annual plant sale at the local community college and as always we picked up several new plants to attempt to grow at home. If they live, it was meant to be, if we kill them, it wasn't. It's nice to pick up native plants though, especially since we're in a drought and plants that can survive with less water are definitely our choice now.

So yesterday I sold a pair of ankle corsets and that made my weekend really. I already had two pair made, but I'm working on another because they take some time to create and I like to have them always listed in the shop. I also need to get off my lazy butt and finish everything for Wednesday. I kept telling myself that I was far ahead of the game on this project only to realize that I have managed to procrastinate myself all the way to having almost no time left. I leave you with a picture of uncomfortable cat. I think his face beautifully illustrates the panic I'm just now beginning to experience.

No comments: