Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sad

We had a bit of a tragedy around here yesterday morning. One of the two rats the oldest daughter just got as an early birthday present suddenly passed away. She was perfectly fine two days early, the day before she was being slightly lazier, but nothing alarming. Yesterday morning something was clearly wrong, but before the vet's office opened for us to call and make an appointment she died. The child was devastated and spent much of the rest of the day with the surviving rat on her shoulder to comfort both of them. Needless to say, that put a bit of a kink in the day, though we still had schooling to get done.

After lunch the household had settled down enough for me to at least get a little work done. I put together a cat ear headband since my last one on hand just sold. Then it was back to the new...old edging design. It bears less resemblance to it's inspiration now, but I still haven't gotten it all the way to choker length. I woke up to a small sale in my shop, so I'll be taking care of that before I get back to this. We also have another testing day today. She has two left today and tomorrow. It's safe to say that I am looking forward to next week when things are back to our usual schedule, but at least I'm managing to get some business and some creativity in.

No comments: