Thursday, September 10, 2015

Nope

With everything done, my free time yesterday was excruciating. Okay, that might be a bit hyperbolic. I had no projects, no ideas, no sales, and when I tried to read to fill the time, I finished the book. This left me with little to do at all.

I did remember that I had recently been shown a video of someone doing Turkish oya, so I watched it again and attempted to mimic the incredible fast video where her hands were always going out of frame. I did not do so well. I did learn something interesting though. The Armenian Lace book I used to learn was very insistent about working from right to left, but it seems all the videos I skimmed though, they work left to right. They also seem to wind the thread twice rather than once, but not all of them. I don't know whether this is a regional difference from Armenia to Turkey, or an evolution of the form, since that book is from the 20's. I certainly didn't accomplish anything yesterday, but maybe I learned a little something. I guess I'll try working the other direction today and see how I do. I've got nothing else planned.

Before I go though, I have a confession. I got an email last night asking for a pattern to a bracelet. I was on my phone and I meant to mark the message as unread so I could answer it this morning. Instead I deleted it and I cannot find it. It's not in the trash, the deleted messages, nor is it at either of my computers or in the online email archives. How I managed to so thoroughly erase something I don't know. I think the name on the email might have been Amanda, but that's all I've got. So if that's you, sorry, I'm not ignoring you and if you could email again I can apologize, but I'm afraid I don't have the pattern written up for the bracelet you asked about. I'm also pretty sure I just wrote this while paragraph in vain, but it was worth a shot.

2 comments:

Fox said...

Shaking my head, looking at your Armenian lace in awe!

You are fierce! And brave.

I so admire your creativity and determination. You are one of the first tatters I noticed when I could not tat a single ds; you remain an artist that I hold in the highest esteem.

Thought I’d tell you... Brava! : )

TotusMel said...

Aw Fox, thank you so much! I really appreciate the compliment, it means a lot to me that you think that way of me!