Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Circle


Yesterday's project was a crochet circle vest, or I guess more accurately a circle cardigan. I ran across circle vests on Ravelry the other day. I had never heard of them, but I fell in love with the idea of a giant, wearable doily. Of course my ulterior motif for making one is to really get a feel for the construction. If I can get a feel for how it's deigned from a standard doily, then I may be able to do the same thing with tatting or Armenian lace. I would have to make them with yarn or I would be constructing for months, but it's still an intriguing thought.

The pattern I picked was a free one, you can find here, with a lot of chain spaces. I love the loose look of it and I knew from experience that it would work up fast. I had started it the night before and so yesterday's work began just after the motif at the center. It was done about 4 in the afternoon and I managed to get a picture of the finished piece. The best part is the back, so I had the oldest child model it for me. She acquiesced mostly because it was just the back. 

Both the kids liked it, so we ran some errands before dinner and picked up some yarn for both of them to get one made as well. I plan on running the idea of making these for all my nieces for the holidays past their parents, to see if they think it would be a good idea, because I think this is the first thing I've made in a while that they all might actually like, especially if I do different center motifs for them. For now I'll just work on the two for my girls and cross my fingers that I sell some tatting soon.

2 comments:

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

I've been eyeing those patterns and really like how yours turned out. Guess I should move that to the top of my to-do list. :)

Madtatter80 said...

Very nice love the star shape in back !