Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Knotting

I'm still dodging the household cold, but who knows for how much longer. They are coughing right at me all day long and each one is a virus filled bullet. I did ignore the sickness surrounding me long enough to do some reading and I even pulled out a needle and thread. I didn't however, do any tatting. I haven't had any good ideas lately. Honestly, I haven't even had any bad ideas. It's been no ideas for quite some time now, but I wanted to do something with my hands. It occurred to be that it's been ages since I did any Armenian knotted lace and I didn't want to forget how, so that's what I did.



I didn't pull out any patterns, I just tatted a ring and started working.  I played with working both right to left and left to right for a few rounds, just to practice. By the end of the evening the little circle had grown quite a bit and I was completely comfortable with the stitch again. I think maybe I'll switch up the stitch today and practice another one. I haven't been paying attention to the round counts though, so I can't do any complex designs at this point. I don't have any purpose in mind for this little practice doily either, but at least I'm making some lace and that will do for now.

No comments: